Finally I found what I wanted for years …
A combination of Gmark, WebComment and eventually GoogleToolbar.
- GMarks is an extension to display/manage your Google bookmarks AND search in the pages you have bookmarked ! It would be great to search in your history pages too. Anyway, I think that the key point is that the search engine (Google) has to be tight to your bookmarks and history.
- webcomments makes it easy to see what bloggers are saying about a page you’re viewing in Firefox and even make your own blog post about it ! Well it needs to be managed carefully if you don’t want your blog to be scattered with comments about every site you visit …
- The Google toolbar is well known, I am evaluating it for the moment.
And I still use
- Tamper Data 0.9.8.1 : this is for serious testing and hacking HTTP(S) communications !
- RefControl 0.8.7 : lets you control the HTTP Referer on a per-site basis. Simple hacking stuff.
- XPather 1.0.1 (26ko) : generates XPaths while browsing documents; evaluates your XPaths and inspects the results; extracts the content.
- Selenium IDE : for functionnal tests. More about it later …