I am really searching a way to automatically classify my bookmarks, but it looks like there are not a lot of resources and I doubt that I would have time to go into personal developments …
Still here are some starting points :
- HyperBK Firefox Extension : “automatic classification of the bookmarks into their correct bookmark folder” but doesn’t look very active and provide many others stuffs.
- Firefox/Feature Brainstorming:Bookmarks : The wiki page about firefox’s bookmarks.
- Collaborative Bookmark Classifier — CariBo : Really close to what I seek ! Seems to be dead however.
- BINGO : Bookmark-Induced Gathering of Information with Adaptive Classification into Personalized Ontologies : is exactly what I want, but development stopped in 2004.
- Connotea : is Open Source and have a Web API. It is one of the few of this kind.
- A personal agent for bookmark classification : a BibSonomy entry, but I can’t find where is the content ??
- Automatically Organizing Bookmarks per Contents : Academic paper almost 10 years old, guess that if they Open Sourced it they would have more follow up
- Automated Categorization of Web Resources : What it is about ??
- Patronizing : this guy has the same kind of interests.
- CAT.INST>FR trying to sell a paper about it : A rough set-aided system for sorting WWW bookmarks