Like many old web user, I have to struggle with a long old list of bookmarks, that has been from local to Delicious tag mess, to Google Bookmark … and, like Dora the Explorer, it may be the time to “stop and think”. Or stop and google for other people solutions …
During all those research I found that there are finally some changes going on. Most notably Firefox 3 will feature a new system for storing bookmarks, history, and other information about pages : Places. The link goes to the Wiki where a lot of discussions goes on and there are links to references on the subject.
- Places covers much of the design and user-interface of Places. (Goals & Objectives, overview …)
- Firefox/Feature Brainstorming:Bookmarks long list of ideas and references.
- Places:Bookmarks:Rethinking : describe some potential future directions for Places. UI related stuff and screenshots.
- Bookmarks Use Cases : lots of ideas, too many ?
- Search “bookmarks” on MozillaWiki.