6 December 2007
Some resources about Web caching :
- Google Web Toolkit changes file names for each modifications. I guess it is some kind of time hash. Couldn’t find explicit information however.
- Apache HTTP Server 2.2 Caching Guide about mod_cache, mod_disk_cache, mod_mem_cache, mod_file_cache and htcacheclean. It describes how to use Apache’s caching features to accelerate web and proxy serving, while avoiding common problems and misconfigurations.
- Varnish is a state-of-the-art, high-performance HTTP accelerator. It take full advantage of the virtual memory system and advanced I/O features.
- Squid Web Proxy Cache
- I am not including Akamai …
14 September 2007
Just to remember : Wrap your code in these tags:
Currently available : cpp csharp css delphi java jscript php python ruby sql vb xml
See : http://faq.wordpress.com/2007/09/03/how-do-i-post-source-code/
16 July 2007
Note about URL and UTF-8 :
8 February 2007
This is really great : try it !! For example, I made a Search limited to your delicious bookmarked sites.
OK It is a BETA : a bit unstable or maybe it is my browser and a bit slow and not perfect yet, errors doesn’t seems to be reported, but once it will be reliable, this will be great.
(Looks like it is very server side for now. So maybe they have to much success.)
At least, that kind of tool may drive the adoption of more “processing friendly” techno, like XHTML and other Semantic-web stuff that only geek seems to care about now.
Via Yahoo! Pipes: Unlocking the Data Web. Read it, it gives much more info.
22 January 2007
I am searching a photo Gallery : I don’t need much bandwidth, but a lot of storage space.
- Picasa (Google) : 250Mo (6Go for $25/year)
- Gallery 2 (Menalto) : Seems to be THE solution. There is even an iPhoto plugin !
- Album Shaper 2.1 (04/2005) Qt. Based on XSLT and XSD : 5 themes available. The application is more about tweaking the photo and description than creating album. For example, there is nothing to help you modify the templates.
- ImgSeek 0.8.6 (01/2006) Python/Qt Linux. Not really focused on HTML album creation too.
19 January 2007
Looks like it maybe time to jump in “Identity 2.0” … look at OpenID, Yadis, LID. So I created an identity on 3 different providers (to test) :
I guess there will be reliability, security and performance problems soon.